Where Will You Serve?
God is Judge: Jesus Loves His Family and
We Are Free to Choose but Death Comes With Sin
You can change the way you think. God blessed you with the ability to control and improve your mind. He created it after all. Click the book cover to download this free e-book. This is my gift to you and my prayer that it helps renew your mind toward Christ.
God Is Series – Judge
God Is – Judge (02-20-2022)
Five Stones Church Dr. Scott Silverii
Let’s lay another stone on the foundation of what we are creating here.
God’s Human Family
Only 3 chapters and we dropped the ball.
Genesis 1 & 2 – All Good in paradise. God and man are good. God, man, and woman – harmony.
15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will CERTAINLY DIE.” Genesis 2:15–17.
Genesis 3 – SIN enters their perfect world and humanity FALLS – Guilt, Shame & separation from God.
3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made (NOTE – Adam knew serpent because he named the serpent.). He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” (NOTE – Subtle twist – Every lie has thread of truth) 2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’” (NOTE – She misquotes God’s Word Gen 2:16-17 – Slight but significant.) 4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” NOTE – Devil knows God’s Word better than Eve – God said “CERTAINLY DIE” to Adam (Genesis 2:17) – Eve never said the words “CERTAINLY DIE” to the serpent (Genesis 3:3) – Serpent used exact phrase as God “CERTAINLY DIE” (Genesis 3:4) – Eve did not know God’s Word because her husband failed to properly communicate what God told him (Genesis 2:16) – Adam failed to minister (God’s Word) to his wife and failed as the spiritual head of his family. - WHEN men fail to lead their families, someone / something else will!!! 6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. NOTE: – After being manipulated, Eve did “SEE” that the fruit was good, pleasing, and desirable. TODAY EXAMPLE: Satan lures us into thinking there’s someone better, we’d be richer, happier. Unless grounded and living out His Word, we bite. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. NOTE – Eve is not a bad person. She is uninformed because she was misled by husband and manipulated by the devil. - She isn’t innocent because PRIDE tempted her with being LIKE GOD TODAY EXAMPLE: Look like this celebrity or model. They bought a car, so ...
- PASSIVE MALE - Adam is with her as she’s being seduced. DEFAULT SINS LEAD TO FALL– Female = Independence & Male = Passivity
– Adam fails to correct / help his wife for not knowing God’s Word, - Adam fails to confront the devil for manipulating her. - Adam violates God’s Word by joining in on the rebellion. - Adam was a Two’Fer – the devil took him down without saying a word. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
NOTE: – When do they reUNITE as ONE? In their Sin and Shame. - The first and last time they were in Purity and Unity was Genesis 2:23-24 23 The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.” 24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh. Genesis 2:23-24 (NIV)
- When We get cozy and complacent with sin – GOD MUST JUDGE
- When Sin hangs out with us in intimate places – GOD MUST JUDGE
- When Sin doesn’t alarm us because our eyes are off God – GOD MUST JUDGE
- When Sin controls us when our pride dictates our relationship with rebellion. – GOD MUST JUDGE
- Whether it’s Satan or us, changing God’s Word leads to destruction. – GOD MUST JUDGE
- When we compromise God’s Truth, Satan wins – WE FALL – GOD MUST JUDGE
- End Game: SALVATION 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. John 3:16-17 (KJV) Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
DO THIS TO STAY CONNECTED.
#2 – Connect Direct