Where Will You Serve?
God Is: Creation - God Did Not Stop Creating After Genesis. He's Creating Something In You Today. Will You Receive?
God Is Series - Creation
God Is – Creation (1-30-2022)
Do you believe God is still creating?
Church study -covid era
– 15% permanently dissolved.
- 40% on life support
- 40% attendance at 30 to 50% pre-covid
- 5% back at or above pre-covid levels.
Why would we plant a church in 2022?
Genesis 1:3 - And God said
Genesis 1:6 - And God said
Genesis 1:9 - And God said
Genesis 1:11 - Then God said
Genesis 1:14 - And God said
Genesis 1:20 - And God said
Genesis 1:24 - And God said
Genesis 1:26 - And God said
Genesis 1:29 - Then God said
In 2015 – And God said
In 2021 – And God said
Today – And God Said
Why? - God Said So!
That’s creation in modern era!
Creation didn’t stop at Genesis 1 and 2.
Go to beginning - Why is understanding creation important to you?
Not for debating the age of earth – understanding:
- Everything started with God,
- Everything exists with God,
- Everything will end with God,
- Everything will renew with God.
Faith is what makes real the things we hope for. It is proof of what we cannot see. God was pleased with the people who lived a long time ago because they had faith like this. Faith helps us understand that God created the whole world by his command. This means that the things we see were made by something that cannot be seen.
Believe in God AND believe God, then creation by God is non-negotiable.
Creation is His expression of Love.
Trinity Revealed In Creation:
Genesis 1 -
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said,
God = Father
Spirit of God = Holy Spirit
God Said = Word – Who is The Word?
John 1 =
The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcomeit.
1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
- If you don’t believe God created everything then you don’t believe everything belongs to Him.
- Then that means something or someone else created those parts you don’t believe in. Who?
- Opposition to God is Satan. He has never once created anything.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
God of Order - Pattern of Creation:
Standard of discipleship. Explain – Demonstrate - Do
- Before starting, God was intentionally present
– He saw what could be instead of what was – Optimism over Pessimism / Life over Death
PRINCIPLES APPLY TO OUR LIFE
– Creation is an intentional action requiring
- Preparation / protection (hovering),
Genesis 1:2 - … the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.” NOT PASSIVE
Deuteronomy 32: - 11 Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, that flutters over its young, spreading out its wings, catching them, bearing them on its pinions (the outer part of a bird's wing including the flight feathers.)
- Implementation (speaking),
Genesis 1:3 – And God said…
- Activation (response to spoken word),
Genesis 1:9 - And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so
- Evaluation (learn to linger)
Genesis 14:18 - And God saw that it was good
- Identification (defined it – labels provide a future function and duty)
Genesis 1:5 - God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
- Sustentation – (man placed over it to steward, nurture, upkeep, multiply). –
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.
And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
WHAT DOES CREATION SAY ABOUT RULING AND STEWARDSHIP?
Genesis 1:1 –
Bara (Hebrew) = Creation from nothing. Heavens and earth created from nothing. The living creatures and human beings were also bara’ed
Asah (Hebrew) = To make or shape. Anything we create is asah, not bara because God has created everything. We simply make or shape it. EX: Planting crops – we didn’t create the seeds or land, but we can plant and reap what was made from God’s creation.
How does this apply to us today? Everything God bara (created from nothing – earth and life) is still ours to use every day to asah (make or shape). What are you making out of what God created?
Body and health (1 Corinthians 6:19 (NASB) say “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?”)
Marriage (Hebrews 13:4 (NASB) says Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterers.) God is serious about us caring for what He bara’d (created).
Finances (multiplication – Matthew 25:14-30 – Five talents)? God wants to prosper you.
Gifts (Matthew 13:1-9 – sower of seeds)? Honor and wisely steward His gifts.
4 Deepest Needs Met Through Creation:
1. Love – God loved us before He created us
Created us to enjoy relationship with Him.
God created a path for humanity’s restoration through Jesus.
2. Security – God created a paradise for us that included all provisions. Even after man fell, God protected him by exiling him out of the garden so condemnation wouldn’t continue for eternity because he was vulnerable to temptation, he’d eat the fruit of the Tree of Life. Even by expelling man, He made a path for redemption through His son, Jesus.
3. Significance – We mirror God – Genesis 1:26 - Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness.
4. Purpose - God gifted us with authority over everything He created. Genesis 1:28 - God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
What has God created in your life?
WHAT DOES CREATION REVEAL ABOUT GOD?
Music reveals composer & artwork reveals artist – creation reveals God
1. God is the only God.
First line of the Bible says, “In the beginning, God created.”
Likewise, Isaiah 45:18 says, “For thus says the LORD, who created the heavens (he is God!), who formed the earth and made it…‘I am the LORD, and there is no other.’”
2. Creator God is Trinitarian.
Genesis 1:26 reveals that the Creator God is the Trinity: “Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.’”
3. God is independent. While the rest of creation is dependent upon God, God himself is uncaused, independent, and without need, lack, want, or dependence upon anyone or anything.
“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
4. God is personal. He made mankind in a personal way and gives to us personality and personhood.
5. God is powerful. God’s power is seen in creation. He even suspends natural laws as He wills to perform miracles and supernatural feats.
6. God is beautiful. Whereas God could have created air filtration machines, He instead chose to create trees. Whereas God could have chosen to cast creation in black and white, He instead chose to paint from a vast palette of colors. God is gloriously beautiful, and creation reflects His beauty with ceaseless displays of breathtaking splendor.
7. God is holy. God is without evil, and creation originally reflected His holy purity until it was marred and stained by demonic and human sin.
8. God is a sovereign King. God is king over all that is made, including Satan, demons, mankind, planets, stars, suns, moons, animals – everyone and everything everywhere. All of creation will give an account before God, who is without peer.
DO THESE TO STAY CONNECTED
#1. This simple link – https://linktr.ee/scottsilverii – Connects us through encouraging emails sent to you, subscribes you to my teaching YouTube channel, and shows you cool merch supporting ministry missions.Connect to be intentional about our relationship.
1001 South Hwy 67
Cedar Hill, Texas 75104
Dallas County, USA
501c3 Nonprofit Ministry