Where Will You Serve?
God Is The Cross:
Crucifixion and Suffering Well For Christ.
You can change the way you think. God blessed you with the ability to control and improve your mind. He created it after all. Click the book cover to download this free e-book. This is my gift to you and my prayer that it helps renew your mind toward Christ.
God Is Series – The Cross
God Is: The Cross Keeping Your Eyes On The Cross
NOTE: Cross holds no power. Power is in Who the cross held.
Can idol worship– bury Mary to sell house – buy a kit online
– SATAN COUNTERFEITS God creates – devil counterfeits
– We Turn Glory into Gloom.
Jesus told disciples He would die and return. Eyes OFF cross – glory to gloom.
"On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”
Jewish leaders not tracking down disciples. Satan stirred fear. Forgot VICTORY at cross.
NOTE:- Were they living out the truth of Romans 8:28? 28 And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose.
Romans 8:28 (Amplified)
- Are You? Eyes on the Cross - NOT EVERYTHING IS AS IT SEEMS – Glory to Gloom Allow the Cross to be your example!
Flood – Here comes the rain NOT God’s redemptive grace poured out on Noah.
Samuel Visits Jesse – That boy stinks like sheep NOT God anointed David as King.
Goliath – That giant is big NOT our God is much bigger.
Jesus Incarnation – That’s just a baby NOT the Messiah is born.
Crucifixion – Jesus was dead NOT the King has risen.
End Times / Book of Revelation – Times are going to be hard NOT the King is returning.
Rapture – I miss my life on earth NOT I’ll rejoice with God in heaven.
Eternity – That’s a long time in heaven NOT It’s better than the alternative.
*** Thanks to the CROSS, we can cling to the assurance of Romans 8:28.
How Did Jesus Suffer? - Jesus was nailed to a wooden cross to die of asphyxiation (no air in lungs)
- Pain so horrendous a word invented—excruciating—which literally means “from out of the cross.” Original Latin is excruciare.
- Psychological warfare –120 miles / 6000 - Public intimidation of people. Just like Satan does to us.
- The most powerful force on the earth (Rome) unleashed their full fury on Him as a substitute for the Jewish agenda.
- The most powerful force of all (God) unleashed His full mercy on us through the substitute for the redemption agenda. Jesus was our substitute for sin’s death.
- Jews considered crucifixion the most horrific mode of death.
Deuteronomy 21:22–23 says: If someone guilty of a capital offense is put to death and their body is exposed on a pole, you must not leave the body hanging on the pole overnight. Be sure to bury it that same day because anyone who is hung on a pole is under God’s curse. You must not desecrate the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance.
- Jews saw GLOOM – Jesus saw GLORY
NOTE: Pontius Pilot - perfected crucifixion questioned Jews’ intent. Mark 15:12-15 “What shall I do, then, with the one you call the king of the Jews?” Pilate asked them. “Crucify him!” they shouted. “Why? What crime has he committed?” asked Pilate. But they shouted all the louder, “Crucify him!” Wanting to satisfy the crowd, Pilate released Barabbas to them. He had Jesus flogged and handed him over to be crucified. Mark 15:12-15 (NIV)
How to Suffer Well:
- Suffering is an opportunity for God to do something good in and through you.
- Suffering allows you to rejoice not in the pain but in what can accomplish for the gospel.
- Suffering is not wasted but used for God’s glory, your joy, and others’ good.
- Suffering returns your eyes to the cross. For it is commendable if someone bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because they are conscious of God. - 1 Peter 2:19
- Suffering fixes our perspective on higher things.
NOTE: In Jesus’ greatest physical and spiritual suffering, He:
- Gave a criminal hanging next to Him entry into heaven,
- Had compassion on those who loved and hated Him,
- Asked His father to forgive those who crucified Him because they didn’t know what they were doing.
- Assigned legacy care of his mother to John
- Chose the moment when He gave up His spirit.
- Glorified God the Father. Are Your Eyes On the Cross?
- Is your life a public spectacle? Getting bashed at home, on social media or at work? - Feel like the crowd is screaming Crucify him / her? - Feel like you’ve been buried and forgotten? - Haters in full effect? - I told you so’s having a field day? - Feel like your hanging up there all alone? What the enemy meant for evil, God will use for good
GLORY not GLOOM
DO THIS TO STAY CONNECTED.
#1 – Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
#2 – Connect Direct
1001 South Hwy 67
Cedar Hill, Texas 75104
Dallas County, USA
501c3 Nonprofit Ministry